O tal de quem todos falaram! Vale a pena (re)ver...
On this post, CV990 reveals all passes you see in this video were SERIOUSLY PLANNED AND TRAINED:
The pilot on this great performance flight was Cap. César Brito no less than the TAP Airbus A310 fleet last Chief Pilot...this awesome pilot have 4.000 hours on the A310 and TAP wanted to pay the best tribute for almost 20 years of service in TAP without an accident. The airplane involved was CS-TEI and the co-pilot of that flight was Vitor Pereira. Has you know, from November on TAP will start to receive 5 brand new A330-200 fresh from the factory.
This incredible performance shows the great pilots TAP have during all these years, just to remind you in early 60's the famous Capt. Marcelino passed UNDER Tagus bridge with a Boeing 707!!!
UPDATED INFO: I spoke with an A310 TAP pilot. Following are FACTS, NOT RUMORS:
1. Capt. César Brito is still flying, because he did in the airshow EXACTLY what was planned and trained to do. That was not a stupid idea executed in a moment, it took weeks of preparation.
2. Brito knew perfectly how Evora airfield is. He's playing with an optical effect; the other side's ground has a slightly downward form.
3. Co-pilot was another A310 commander, and during the show he was focused in altitude to continuously report to César.
4. Plane passed a complete overhaul just before this airshow, so the risk of failures was minimum.
5. Plane continued flying with passengers until retired soon, but after a reccommended inspection by Airbus officials.